Monday, May 10, 2010

Jillian Michaels: Friend or Foe?

So I started 30 day shred yesterday. 

Man, I thought I was in good shape. Well, after day 2 I'm reconsidering that thought. Actually, that's a lie. I know I'm in good cardio shape. How do I know that? I ran 12.5 miles on Saturday and could have gone for much more (marathon training anyone?). But, those strength moves in the DVD: killer. And they are not something I'm used to.

So I'm definitely happy I bought it/started it. I'm a little worried about doing it while starting the taper for my half marathon, but I guess all I really mean when I say taper is "no long run this weekend" so a 20 minute workout everyday isn't going to hurt. I also probably won't do it on Saturday (5km race) and the day before, of and after the half. So max I'm looking at is getting 26 of the next 30 days done.

But I'm still looking forward to seeing  some results. My eating has been pretty good and my running is going amazing so I'm hoping to lose a bit of fat/toning up a bit for the beginning of swimsuit season! And once these 30 days are up, I think I'm going to keep using some of the workouts on the DVD for my cross training days.

Anyways, still on the job hunt. Hoping to get back to volunteering very soon. I miss working with animals, so so much, so I emailed the SPCA and told them my situation. Seriously, if you don't already volunteer, please please consider doing so. It's one of the most rewarding experiences I've ever had and it's opened me up to so many opportunities.

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. I've got my 5km race on Saturday and then sleepover with my sister and 15 year old cousin that night. And no long run, I think I might actually miss it though! I am seriously a crazy person.

No comments:

Post a Comment