Saturday, May 29, 2010

Marathon Fever

So I ran my third half marathon this past Sunday. I finished in a time of 2:13:03. I was pretty happy with the time although I know that if I had run smarter, I would have done better and finished stronger. I went out too fast (I was trying to run with my mom's friends daughter who's run a sub-2 hour half for the first 8km) and ran a positive split: aka slower on the 2nd half than the first. My 10km time was about 58 minutes , and the last 11 was...well you can do the math.

So it was a great time, and a great event. It was very warm but the course is pretty great and the crowds are fun! I was in pain from about 6km on. I've got some sort of weird pressure pain on the balls of my feet (both of them, but the left is worst) and it hurts on my long runs (not my short). For some reason, during the half, it started earlier than usual. After about an hour I started doing 10 and 1's, and I think that helped a bit.

All in all, it was a good race, good time, and I was so proud of my sister for doing her first 10km, I think she's caught the running bug! :)

To make up for my not-so-smart running I'm going to do the Johnny Miles half marathon on June 20th with the fam. My dad is hoping to do the half marathon too and my sister and mom will probably do the 10km. Im very excited!

And yes, I have the marathon fever. I think Im going to start training for a fall marathon (Im thinking PEI or Valley Harvest). Im very scared of 26.2 miles, and I know its going to be the hardest thing Ive ever done, physically and probably mentally. But at the same time, I know I can do it. My body is so strong and can run for that long, as long as my head can keep itself straight. My dad always says that after about 20 miles, it has nothing to do with your body anymore, its all mental. And thats what Im going to try and focus on preparing.

Still on the job hunt...anyone know of any sweet jobs in Halifax for BSc grads? If you do, let a girl know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment