Monday, May 17, 2010

Life is good

I'm gonna try this whole watching TV AND blogging at the same time, so I might be a little distracted. But there is a super bitchy lady on Say Yes to the Dress, so I want to see how it turns out.

Anyways, things have been going very well on the home front, although I am still unemployed and have heard nothing from any potential employer. Oh well, I'm just going to continue what I'm doing and try to work on the ol' resume. I'm taking a first aid/cpr course tomorrow so that might help :)

I just finished reading Eating Animals. It's a fantastic book about factory farming, the idea of "ethically raised" animals and vegetarianism. It has definitely confirmed my decision to go vegetarian. Up until now, I have been eating fish still because I thought fish were a bit more immune to the horrors of factory farming. Although it is different, the treatment and effect of fish farming and wild fishing is still pretty horrible. I might try to faze out my intake of fish. Dolphins are above all, my favourite creature, and to think of how many are killed during this kind of food production, is enough for me to give it up.

My mom did not react to this news well. I haven't told her for sure yet but she heard me tell my sister what I was thinking. She got mad because she thinks I'm restricting myself by not eating foods that I love. And honestly I do love lobster and shrimp and salmon etc etc. It's true. But the thing is, I love animals more. I love the environment. And I love food. Guess what? You can eat delicious, non restricting, healthy meals that do not include meat, poultry, foul or fish.

I've made some incredible meals the past few days: This soup last night, and this peanut noodle dish tonight. They are healthy, delicious and meat-free.

I've got half marathon #3 on Sunday and I'm so excited. Im on taper week so I had a 5 miler on Sunday but only have 1 or 2 runs for the remainder of the time (I'm still doing 30 day shred so I'm trying to take it easy on the running front). I've been trying to eat very healthy and clean until the marathon.

Oh wait, did I mention I have a pubcrawl on Friday?

So I'm trying to eat healthy and clean, not including the dozen beers I will most likely consume on Friday night. I know I should probably be skipping the beers/late night of drinking but you know what? I have plenty of runs/races/half marathons left in my life (and left in the summer) so I'm not going to skip a night spent with some really great friends and people (aka my sister and her nursing friends who I love).

All in all, life is good. Running is amazing. My eating has been exciting, delicious and healthy. I may or may not have a crush on a gorgeous boy. I just need a job (so I can start training for a marathon).

No comments:

Post a Comment