Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Its not that I don't want to blog... I just don't have time. Well, that's a lie. I have time. But when I'm home I really don't go on the computer. This is a nice feeling because in NL, I was pretty much attached to my laptop and I know I spent way too much time on it.

I got home from NL (for good) on Saturday morning, and it truly has been a great four days here in NS. Althought sat I was pretty hungover from my dozen beer on Friday night (13 maybe?) and my hour spent crying, and my 5am wakeup call. Although seeing my parents and sister pretty much cured that tummyache.

I did my next to last long run on the half training on sunday. I did 11.0 miles in 1:47 :) I think it was a 9:47 pace, although I had a few 1-2 minutes breaks which aren't in that time.

I'm not going to lie. That run was freaking hard. I had my mom's garmin with me, so I was aware of my pace everytime I looked down at that watch. I think I'm going to ask for a garmin for my big grad present. Although it was kind of scary knowing my pace all the time, but I think it will do wonders for my running.

Anyways, back to the long run. It was a fast pace and after aout 8 miles I was hurting. My feet, specifically my left foot, get's a serious pain around the ball of the foot. It was throbbing pretty bad, and breaks didn't help. I iced it afterwards and hopefully next week will be better. I'm running with my mom and her friends for 12 miles on saturday (my last long run before Bluenose) and I think it will be a slightly slower place. Im not looking to kill myself here.

So, fitness nerd update. Actually, it's not an update since I haven't mentioned this before but I've been doing this whole "100 pushup challenge" thing, and its awesome. I did the week 2 exhaustion test and I did 16 pushups!!!! 16, good form, on my toes, real pushups. I haven't done that many in...ever? It's crazy.

Well, I guess I'm gonna go watch Biggest Loser with my dad. I didn't run, or workout today. I went out with my sister and her nursing friends last night and it was pretty messy. Super fun though, her friends are awesome and I can see myself hanging out with them a lot this summer. 5 dollar 2oz martini's=good times.

Since I don't take pictures of my awesome meals (yet), here's a goodnight webcam picture of me thoroughly enjoying the end of the new gossip girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment